Benalla is the ideal location for a solar farm
Lake Mokoan Solar Farm will be located around 8km north east of the Benalla township in Victoria. Covering approximately 250 hectares of land, the solar farm will be in a prime location to have excellent exposure to northern Victoria’s solar resources.
WHY AT BENALLA?
There are many reasons why Benalla has been chosen as an idea location for solar farming. Some of the reasons include:
- The terrain has a mostly even surface that has been predominantly cleared for agriculture in the past;
- Perfect position to take full advantage of the sun’s rays;
- Ideal accessibility points on site connecting to Benalla-Yarrawonga Road and then to Hume Freeway;
- Visual impact of the farm on the community is kept to a minimum due to surrounding and adjoining agricultural farmlands providing natural screening.
- High voltage electricity powerlines are nearby and can be easily utilised for smooth connection to the Glenrowan to Shepparton 220kV transmission line and thus the National Electricity Market (NEM).